There is no trick to this type of betting. You don’t need a handicap, there doesn’t have to be more than a certain number of goals and above all you don’t have to get the result right. If you guess who wins or if there is a draw, you win. Now that you know what a money line bet means, let’s see how to make the most of it.
Generally, in a match you will see “Team 1- 3.00” “Team 2-2.55” and “Tie X -2.90”. If you bet on team A, you’ll get $3 per $ deposited with moneyline bets, for example, and the same with the others. How are these odds set? By means of the odds estimated by the bookmakers.
- 100/odds=Probability of bets
In this case, for example, the odds would be 33.3%, 39.2% and 34.48%. Roughly speaking, the meaning of the money line in betting odds is very clear: Higher odds is less probability, lower odds is more probability.
Money Line: What it is and how to take advantage of it in sports betting
All right. We promised that, even if you already knew what money line means in sports betting, this post would be useful for you too… And we’re going to keep that promise! So, when does it make sense to place money line bets? Short and short: it will usually be a great idea in those markets where deciding the winner is already profitable enough.
In short, we don’t need to add another forecast. But keep one thing in mind: for high and profitable odds you need risky predictions. And usually, if you make a very safe bet, the odds will be very modest. Remember how odds work in betting! That said, here are some examples where it is a good idea to place money line bets:
- In finals or other high-level matches: Normally, in these cases there will be quite a lot of parity, so a money line bet with a good base odds could be sufficient. It would also work, for example, in early league matches, two mid-table teams, or teams that are playing for relegation at the end of the league (in any sport).
- As a complement in a parlay: Some Money Line bets may not be profitable at all, but some systems such as Patent can be indispensable. For example, making a combined bet but also betting on individual wins. The aim is to win something or at least not to lose if you don’t win.
- Together with other bets: This is similar to the previous point. You don’t have to choose between betting on the money line, handicap or over x goals. If you have a decent budget, you can split it between them. The important thing is to take into account what odds you give to each one and apply the Stake correctly.
- Superbet offers: In the same way as welcome bonuses, in some bookmakers you can find “superbets” or other similar offers. In this case, you can bet on an unprofitable market, but get paid a lot. Sounds great, doesn’t it? It’s all about keeping an eye out for these offers!
Tips for your Linero Line bets
All in all, moneyline betting is no better or worse than other systems. They are both tools that you can use and combine with each other. The main thing is that for each sporting event you analyse what you think is going to happen and place bets accordingly. And, as always, that the amount bet is consistent with the probability you trust the forecast. In other words, focus more on your knowledge of sports, and based on this, you will know how to choose the type of bet that suits you best:
- Know the history of each team and/or athlete.
- Keep up to date with the form and the latest news.
- Study the status and conditions of the event and see how it will affect each of you.
- See the level of motivation.
- Look at recent matches in similar conditions.
With all this on the table, there is no doubt that money line bets, handicap bets, total goals bets, accumulator bets or even several of them at once will be a success. In short, winner, loser or draw bets will be ideal in events where picking a winner is already difficult.